A sculptural postmodern Gothic cathedral, the Quadracci Pavilion, designed by Spanish Architect, Santiago Calatrava, resides on the lake front of Milwaukee, Wisconsin as not only a building that houses pieces of art, but as a work of art within itself for the community of Milwaukee. Located at 7oo North Art Museum Drive, MAM was founded in the late 1800’s, but didn’t have a home till the late 50’s. (War Memorial, next door). This was Calatrava’s first completed project in the USA when it opened in 2001. Engineered by Graef, a Milwaukee firm, the wing like structure, or, “brises soliels” (sun breaker), has a wing span of 217 feet when open. Below you’ll find an HD video of the wings opening at 10am, when the museum opens. The wings remain open til close, or if winds exceed 22mph, the wings automatically close. Download the HD MOV file by right clicking then “save link as” here. The wing opening movement takes about 8 minutes, compressed into 1 minute with a Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 lens.